Saturday, November 14, 2015

Wieters Qualifies

Matt Wieters became the second player to accept a qualifying offer:

“I wouldn’t say it was an easy decision because when you play for six-plus years and get to free agency, it’s something where every player dreams of being able to see what’s out there,” Wieters said. “But at the same time, I wasn’t able to play the whole year healthy and a lot of things came into it, and I felt glad to be able to come back to Baltimore and in a clubhouse that I love. I love the guys in the clubhouse, the staff and being able to be in a city I love and both my wife and son love being a part of.”

Like Colby Rasmus, Wieters career presented potential suitors with a lot of uncertainty. He now can play another year in a comfortable place and try to make a better case for a big contract.



from baseballmusings.com http://ift.tt/1j0DNzc

No comments:

Post a Comment