Monday, February 18, 2019

Bochy to Retire

Bruce Bochy announced he will retire from managing at the end of the 2019 season.


Bochy, who turns 64 in April, announced the decision to the team in a meeting before the first full-squad workout of spring training.


“In my mind it’s time,” Bochy told reporters in the dugout a few hours later as a steady, chilly rain fell at Scottsdale Stadium. “I’ve managed with my gut. I came up here in 2007 on my gut, and so it’s my gut feeling that it’s time. It’s been an unbelievable ride.”

SFGate.com

The Giants had not won a World Series since 1954 until Bochy led the team to a championship, the first of three in a five season stretch. That will put him in the Hall of Fame, as his .498 overall winning percentage is not that impressive. (His winning percentage with the Giants is .502.) I don’t believe I’ve ever read a bad word about Bochy from his players.



from baseballmusings.com http://bit.ly/2SGQTIO

No comments:

Post a Comment