Thursday, January 7, 2016

Pissing Match

Roger Clemens has not learned to take the high ground. Roy Halladay thinks the PED users should not be in the Hall of Fame. The first part of Clemens’s response is fine:

“I was asked to comment on the subject of the Hall of Fame once again by some of my friends in the media,” Clemens wrote in a statement, via ESPN.com. “I will say thank you again for those who took the time to vote. I have distanced myself from the subject and have moved on.”

Perfect statement! Clemens should stop right there, but no:

“Having said that, what is disheartening is getting a call or a text from family or friends about an ill informed player making an asinine statement. The latest coming from a former Blue Jays pitcher. Just to enlighten him, he was accused of using amphetamines by the ‘strength coach.’ You should be very careful when putting tweets out while not having your facts on the matter at hand.”

I think this is an example of two players not knowing when to stop competing. Halladay’s statement would clear more room for him to make the Hall of Fame. Clemens tries to knock him back a step. It’s not pretty. I wonder if they did not get along when they played on the Blue Jays?



from baseballmusings.com http://ift.tt/1ISrGkb

No comments:

Post a Comment