Sunday, November 6, 2016

Two Big Hits are not Enough

Miguel Montero criticized Joe Maddon for not defining Montero’s role in the post-season:

“I think the toughest part for me is they never communicated with me,” Montero said. “I’m a veteran guy. They talk about veteran leadership. I have 11 years in the game and two All-Star [appearances]. I expected to be treated a little better. I was expected to get communication. Just let me know. Put me in the loop. That was the toughest part for me because I never understood what my role was going to be.”

Maddon is not about roles. Maddon is about putting players in a position where the player and the team succeeds. Montero’s two big hits in the championship run demonstrate that.



from baseballmusings.com http://ift.tt/2fIu4RM

No comments:

Post a Comment