Wednesday, November 16, 2016

White Sox Making a Difference

Twelve members of the White Sox Amateur City Elite youth baseball program are off to college:

White Sox executive vice president Ken Williams and Devin Picket, a former ACE participant who is now a baseball operations intern with the White Sox, delivered powerful words of celebration and praise for the program. But none topped the impact of the few words coming from Tavion Towers, who was committing to Claflin University in South Carolina.

“I grew up with friends that played baseball too, but we had some guys that got caught in the wrong place at the wrong time and they lost their lives,” Towers said. “I lost a couple of friends growing up.

“The ACE program, I take it as, during weekdays, instead of going outside around in a gang, we are practicing three days a week,” Towers said. “Then on weekends, we’ll be out of town. So it’s like I’m always gone. I take that as getting me into a good place, taking me out of the wrong place.”

Good for the White Sox for keeping this program running.



from baseballmusings.com http://ift.tt/2eFclK4

No comments:

Post a Comment