Tuesday, October 3, 2017

My Votes

I am not a member of the BBWAA, but I am a member of the Internet Baseball Writes of America, the IBWAA. This article discusses the chance of Anthony Rendon winning the NL MVP, and I did vote for Rendon.

Anthony Rendon does not garner the same kind of attention — in part because he actively avoids it, in part because his all-around game doesn’t attract it. He wasn’t an all-star this season. He has actually never been one at the major league level. But the Nationals third baseman went on to complete a strong case for the MVP award as the most consistent player on a club that overcame a slew of injuries to finish with the fourth-best record in baseball.

“It’s good recognition,” Rendon said last week of the MVP buzz. “Trea [Turner] tells me every day what’s going on. But I mean, that’s not what I’m out here playing for. I mean, I couldn’t care less. As long as we just win ballgames, I think all the personal accolades will come with that.”

Here is my list for NL MVP:

  1. Anthony Rendon
  2. Giancarlo Stanton
  3. Kris Byrant
  4. Charlie Blackmon
  5. Max Scherzer
  6. Joey Votto
  7. Corey Seager
  8. Nolan Arenado
  9. Paul Goldschmidt
  10. Tommy Pham

It’s a really strong field. Rendon, Stanton, and Bryant are very close, and it any of them win I will be happy. Rendon being the great and steady player on a great team put him over the top in my mind.



from baseballmusings.com http://ift.tt/2klL9Ue

No comments:

Post a Comment