Monday, February 29, 2016

Dozier on the DP

Brian Dozier does not like the new rule on the neighborhood play:

“A lot of time, I straddle the bag, meaning I don’t ever touch it,” Dozier confessed of his pivot-play habit. “Throughout the course of the year, you have umpires who [say], ‘Hey, at least make an attempt,’ or ‘You weren’t anywhere close, let’s clean it up.’?”

That latitude is gone now, with video available to overturn close-enough out calls. But in Dozier’s opinion, the spirit of the law was being followed; there was no need to invoke the letter of the law.

“I guess I can say I don’t really like it,” he said. “I love replay, it’s good for the game. But the neighborhood play, there’s always a fine line. You don’t want to take away from the game itself.”

The new rules took away aggressive slides so we’ll see if that’s enough to keep fielder from getting their legs broken.



from baseballmusings.com http://ift.tt/1ReS7hv

No comments:

Post a Comment