Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Halloween Boos

Rich Hill gave Dodgers fans time to boo Yuli Gurriel Tuesday night:

“That’s a subject that’s disheartening,” Hill said. “I think it’s something … unfortunately, I don’t think the punishment fit the action. I think, rightfully so, the fans spoke out and understood what was going on. I gave them their time to voice their opinion.”

Yurriel collected one of the Astros six hits Tuesday night.

Tino Martinez told ESPN many years ago that he would step out of the box after what he thought was a bad call by the home plate umpire to give the broadcast time to show the replay of the pitch. I believe that was pretty standard practice among batters, and one thing that slowed down the game.



from baseballmusings.com http://ift.tt/2z5QsLa

No comments:

Post a Comment