Saturday, December 26, 2015

AA Stadium Problems

The Rockies AA team plays in my backyard, so to speak. They are moving out of New Britain to downtown Hartford, and the stadium looks like it won’t be ready for opening day:

While the city and developers continue to fight about the budget, though, the concern for the Yard Goats remains on April: there’s a legitimate chance the stadium will not be ready in time for Opening Day. While the ball club is keeping the Eastern League and the Rockies’ front office in Denver informed, the Courant reports there is no contingency plan in place should the stadium not be ready.

This is just another point on the graph of why cities should not build stadiums, especially rather poor cities like Hartford. I have been traveling past the construction site for months, and only recently recognized the construction as a stadium. The steel skeleton is up, but not much else.

Also, while the move should cut travel time for me to games from 40 to 20 minutes, traffic at the I-91 and I-84 interchange is horrible during rush hour. Adding a stadium with (as far as I can tell) no road improvements means it may actually take longer for me to arrive!



from baseballmusings.com http://ift.tt/1MAqcWl

No comments:

Post a Comment