Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Disagreeing on Miller

I liked the acquisition of Shelby Miller by the Diamondbacks, but most critics do not:

The early reviews are in, and they are not good for the Diamondbacks.

“Worst trade I’ve ever seen,” one executive said of the D-backs’ acquisition of right-hander Shelby Miller on Tuesday.

“Holy crap for Atlanta,” said another.

“Grand slam for the Braves,” said a third.

The article does go on to raise some of the concerns I had with the Braves haul. It will be interesting to see how this trade plays out. The Diamondbacks are creating buzz, which should bring out some fans. If they end up making the playoffs, I suspect they will think the trade paid off.

Update: Note, also, how bereft of talent the Braves organization was in 2015. I think they need to do a lot more to get back in contention.



from baseballmusings.com http://ift.tt/1Y1uE7r

No comments:

Post a Comment