Saturday, December 19, 2015

Dedication and Sacrifice as an Athlete

Dedication and Sacrifice

Since their early days in youth sports, most athletes have listened to coaches constantly encourage them to train hard. Therefore, it’s safe to say that all athletes understand the importance of hard work in the gym. Only a fool would suggest otherwise. Unfortunately, while common sense may exist inside the gym, it often flies out the window when the lights go off and the doors shut. Many athletes fail to recognize the significance of dedication and sacrifice outside the gym.

Dedication and Sacrifice

In the video below, I discuss the importance of dedication and sacrifice. As mentioned within, this is one of those topics where I wish I didn’t have personal experience to share. Regrettably, I know all too well about making poor decisions outside of the gym.

Hopefully there are some young athletes out there who can learn from the mistakes that I made many years ago. As a youngster, I always trained hard and competed, but the dedication that I had on the field or inside the ring didn’t always come home with me.

During my teenage years, I often surrounded myself with the wrong people and made many poor decisions. And it was the accumulation of those mistakes that ultimately ended my athletic career.

Final Thoughts

In summary, working hard at practice or inside the gym is only one piece of the puzzle. Success as an athlete requires more than a few hours of dedication each day. Often times, it is the decisions that an athlete makes outside the gym that ultimately dictate his future.

+++++

“We all have dreams. But in order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline, and effort.” – Jesse Owens

The post Dedication and Sacrifice as an Athlete appeared first on RossTraining.com.



from RossTraining.com http://ift.tt/1Pglrry

No comments:

Post a Comment