Monday, July 3, 2017

Vincent Passes

Chelsea Janes Tweets on the passing of Nationals official scorer David Vincent:

Vincent was also the keeper of the Tattersall/McConnell Home Run Log, from which in 1996 became The Home Run Encyclopedia.

It’s one of my prized possessions. Vincent was very helpful to me during the 1990s when I needed help with research I could not glean from the book. I tried very hard to get STATS, Inc. and SABR to join forces on the list, giving STATS access and SABR updates, but SABR did not grok how much the internet might help. Eventually, the list did come into the possession of Baseball-Reference, where anyone can now use it for research.

My thoughts go out to his family and friends. Baseball researchers should be saddened today.



from baseballmusings.com http://ift.tt/2uCBitp

No comments:

Post a Comment