Friday, July 28, 2017

Cardinals Tension

Mike Matheny stopped short of saying Yadier Molina is tired, but Molina heard it anyway.

Matheny changed course mid-sentence, but he implied that Molina is tired.

On Friday morning, Molina responded via social media, stressing on Instagram his readiness to play as the Cardinals try to stay in contention in the National League Central.

“I train to play 174 games because that’s what it takes to be Champion,” Molina wrote on the site. “I’m not tired and the day I feel tired I’ll express it myself.”

Molina is old an catches a lot of games. His OBP is down this season about 30 points from his career average. It’s amazing he stayed productive this long.

Here’s Matheny and Molina discussing the situation with the press.

Cubs fans are amused.



from baseballmusings.com http://ift.tt/2h8tGNo

No comments:

Post a Comment