Sunday, March 11, 2018

It’s Incredibly Hard

Ryan Braun is having problems adjusting to first base.

Assignments on bunt plays and shifts are among the tasks that Braun is trying to master.

Braun, who has had back trouble during his career, said he has to bend down and squat more while playing the infield.

“So, generally, you’re putting your back in more vulnerable positions, which for me is a challenge,” he said. “My back is the biggest thing healthwise I’ve focused on for a few years now. … I think in the long run I have no doubt first base would be easier. But to this point, it’s definitely been a lot harder on my back than the outfield was, so we’ll see.”

Some steroids should help with the back. Meanwhile, Braun is living the dream.

The Brewers should make this as easy as possible. Field balls that are hit to you, catch the ball at first base. Don’t worry too much about bunts and shifts, just get to the bag and catch the ball. Once he can do that, then he can worry about becoming Keith Hernandez.



from baseballmusings.com http://ift.tt/2FGpRKq

No comments:

Post a Comment