Tuesday, March 29, 2016

You’ve Got to Hold On, To What You’ve Got

Matt Harvey needs to urinate more often:

“It started with a bladder infection, and it created a blood clot in the bladder,” Harvey said Tuesday morning after returning to camp. “I passed it yesterday. It wasn’t a great first day [after] my 27th birthday, but we cleared that. And then we had a little procedure done this morning just to go in and check the bladder and everything was clear.”

…

Harvey said he needs to change his urination patterns to safeguard against the issue arising again.

“I guess the main issue is I hold my urine in for too long instead of peeing regularly,” Harvey said with a laugh. “I guess I have to retrain my bladder to use the restroom a little bit more instead of holding it in. I guess that’s what caused the bladder infection.”

As someone who can’t drive 10 miles without stopping to use a restroom, I can’t understand why Harvey would tolerate the discomfort. It’s not like the Mets don’t have restrooms for the players. :-)

This reminds me of one of my favorite moments from the show Daria:

Daria – (loudly) I shouldn’t have had that tea.
Jane – (loudly) You have to go? There’s some trees over there!
Trent – (loudly) What the matter, Daria? You gotta whiz?
Jesse – (loudly) What’s wrong?
Trent – (loudly) It’s Daria. She has to pee.
Jesse – (loudly) You have to pee, Daria? You can pee behind those trees. See those trees? You can pee behind there!
(Daria gets out of van and walks toward trees)
Daria – If I’m not back in ten minutes, don’t send help.

Daria – They’re not going to make fun of me?
Jane – For peeing in the woods? They’re in a band, Daria. Those boys puke on each other on a regular basis.
Jesse – (to Trent) That reminds me: you owe me a shirt.

Despite the levity, blood clots are serious, and I’m glad this one turned out to be a minor problem.



from baseballmusings.com http://ift.tt/1UTk05r

No comments:

Post a Comment