Tuesday, March 29, 2016

You’ve Got to Hold On, To What You’ve Got

Matt Harvey needs to urinate more often:

“It started with a bladder infection, and it created a blood clot in the bladder,” Harvey said Tuesday morning after returning to camp. “I passed it yesterday. It wasn’t a great first day [after] my 27th birthday, but we cleared that. And then we had a little procedure done this morning just to go in and check the bladder and everything was clear.”

Harvey said he needs to change his urination patterns to safeguard against the issue arising again.

“I guess the main issue is I hold my urine in for too long instead of peeing regularly,” Harvey said with a laugh. “I guess I have to retrain my bladder to use the restroom a little bit more instead of holding it in. I guess that’s what caused the bladder infection.”

As someone who can’t drive 10 miles without stopping to use a restroom, I can’t understand why Harvey would tolerate the discomfort. It’s not like the Mets don’t have restrooms for the players. :-)

This reminds me of one of my favorite moments from the show Daria:

Daria – (loudly) I shouldn’t have had that tea.
Jane – (loudly) You have to go? There’s some trees over there!
Trent – (loudly) What the matter, Daria? You gotta whiz?
Jesse – (loudly) What’s wrong?
Trent – (loudly) It’s Daria. She has to pee.
Jesse – (loudly) You have to pee, Daria? You can pee behind those trees. See those trees? You can pee behind there!
(Daria gets out of van and walks toward trees)
Daria – If I’m not back in ten minutes, don’t send help.

Daria – They’re not going to make fun of me?
Jane – For peeing in the woods? They’re in a band, Daria. Those boys puke on each other on a regular basis.
Jesse – (to Trent) That reminds me: you owe me a shirt.

Despite the levity, blood clots are serious, and I’m glad this one turned out to be a minor problem.



from baseballmusings.com http://ift.tt/1UTk05r

No comments:

Post a Comment