Thursday, March 10, 2016

Swinging Free

J.J. Hardy reports his shoulder is healed, and he’s off to a good start in spring training:

Hardy’s left shoulder no longer barks at him and he’s no longer adjusting his swing to compensate. He told Showalter this is the best he’s felt in a long time.
“It is. I’m very happy,” Hardy said.
Hardy began last season on the disabled list with a sprained shoulder, an injury that occurred after he dived for a ball hit up the middle in an exhibition game. He clarifed later that he played with a slight tear in his labrum.
“I didn’t swing a whole lot this offseason, so there was still kind of a question mark in my head about how my shoulder was going to feel,” he said. “I’ve been swinging as hard as I can and I haven’t felt it at all. I’m not even thinking about my shoulder, so I’m really, really happy with how that’s going.”

Hardy suffered a huge fall off in his averages compare to his career numbers. A healthy shoulder helping him bounce back should help the Orioles.



from baseballmusings.com http://ift.tt/225lQ4d

No comments:

Post a Comment