Friday, September 22, 2017

Ausmus Out

Brad Ausmus won’t return as the manager of the Tigers in 2018:

Detroit Tigers general manager Al Avila walked into Brad Ausmus’ office this week prepared for a difficult task.

But Ausmus ensured that while the conversation may have been emotional, the parting was amicable.

“I told him even if he had walked in and offered me a contract, I probably wasn’t going to come back,” Ausmus said Friday. “I think this team and this organization is starting over and needs a new voice. Sometimes you’ve got to be able to evaluate yourself.”

Aumsus said that evaluation led him to believe he wasn’t the right man to handle the rebuilding process that began last winter, escalated in July and then went full-throttle with the trades of Justin Upton and Justin Verlander on Aug. 31.

It also could be that Ausmus would like to try to manage a team that can win. I assume there will be other openings. Terry Collins may retire, although I’m not sure if that’s a better situation.



from baseballmusings.com http://ift.tt/2jSQ3Yf

No comments:

Post a Comment