Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Gibbons Gone

The Blue Jays decided not to bring back John Gibbons for the 2019 season. The parting appears to be respectful:

“I’ve been here a long time and I agree it’s probably time for a change,” Gibbons said. “We’re rebuilding here, and actually I think I’m the perfect guy for a rebuild. But I don’t know if I have the energy, necessarily.”

Atkins said Gibbons can decide whether to take a new role in the organization. Gibbons didn’t rule that out, but also said he’d like to manage in the big leagues again.

“These jobs are hard to come by,” he said. “But we’ll see. It’s not going to destroy me if I don’t. But time is on my side, age-wise, I think. I’d like to try it again.”

Gibbons second stint as manager of the Blue saw them return to the playoffs for the first time in 22 years. The Jays rose to the occasion today to beat the Astros 3-1.



from baseballmusings.com https://ift.tt/2DzUIZ1

No comments:

Post a Comment