Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Blitz K

German Marquez tied a record Wednesday night:

Rockies right-hander German Marquez didn’t stop with rewriting the club record book Wednesday night at Coors Field.

Marquez tied a modern Major League record by fanning the first eight Phillies he faced. He matched the Astros’ Jim Deshaies (Sept. 23, 1986) and the Mets’ Jacob deGrom (Sept. 15, 2014). The modern era is since 1900. Before then, Mickey Welch, pitching for the 1884 New York Gothams, started a game with nine strikeouts.

The Rockies lead the Phillies 5-0 in the fifth inning as they race for a wild card or a division win. They are getting help from the Brewers who lead the Cardinals 2-1 in the top of the ninth inning.



from baseballmusings.com https://ift.tt/2NGoX5a

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for every other informative site. The place else may just I get that kind of information written in such an ideal means? I have a venture that I’m just now operating on, and I have been on the look out for such information. buy dvd fear the walking dead season 3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to be visiting your blog again, it has been months for me. Well this article that i've been waited for so long. I need this article to complete my assignment in the college, and it has same topic with your article. Thanks, great share. buy dvd the good fight season 2

    ReplyDelete