Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Strange Box

The STATS, Inc. boxscore for the Yankees game at the Mets seems to indicate that Asdrubal Cabrera and Travis d’Arnaud are constantly swapping positions, second and third base. I thought that on a shift, the fielder retained their starting positions. I turned the game on, and saw Cabrera field a ball at the third base bag. The Mets announcers said the play should scored 4-3.

Given Cabrera’s positioning, however, it didn’t look like a shift. d’Arnaud is a catcher, and I wonder if they literally are changing positions so that dArnaud gets fewer balls hit to him. If that’s the case, then I think the STATS box is correct, and the Mets announcers are wrong. It’s not a shift, it’s an actual position change. I’ll keep watching to see if this continues.



from baseballmusings.com http://ift.tt/2wgJhjS

No comments:

Post a Comment