Thursday, August 16, 2018

24

It’s been a long day, things kept me away from baseball at work and at home until now. I did glance at my phone around 6:15 PM when I was talking to my dad to fill him in on the Yankees loss and the Mets game. At that time, the Mets were up 15-4. They finished game one against Philadelphia with 24 runs, , winning 24-4. It’s unusual to see batter come to the plate seven times in a nine inning game, but the top four in the Mets order each came up seven times, going a combined 13 for 28 with 12 runs scored. Jose Bautista drove in seven, four with a grand slam. Even relief pitcher Jerry Blevins got a hit. The Mets hit seven doubles, a triple and three home runs among their 25 hits. It’s the laugher the team needed.



from baseballmusings.com https://ift.tt/2nLd3aY

No comments:

Post a Comment