Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Adam on the Ledge

Adam Jones wanted to announce his retirement, but his teammates got him to sleep on it:

“I want to sleep on it again,” LaRoche said, according to the Chicago Tribune. “I didn’t come in yesterday because I wanted to make sure it was the right move and make an emotional decision. I’m confident it is.

“Out of my respect for these guys and Rick, they asked me to give it a day or two to confirm.”

He will walk away from $13 million, and at the moment all we know is that it’s for personal reasons. He played very well for Washington in 2014, posting a .362 OBP and a .455 slugging percentage. The Nationals appear to have made the right move letting LaRoche go, as he hit .207/.293/.340 in 2015. He may feel he can’t recover from those numbers. Once a player is over 30, a career can fall apart fast.



from baseballmusings.com http://ift.tt/1nMvl8R

No comments:

Post a Comment