Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Stop Messing with My Pattern Recognizer

Some players see the holiday hats as simply a way for MLB to make money:

It’s that last, most recent (and solemn) holiday that finally appeared to move a few players to push back (via UniWatch.com), led by Dodgers pitcher Brandon McCarthy‘s sarcastic tweet to start Memorial Day, connecting “soldiers [who] died protecting our country” and buying MLB-licensed hats “to say thank you.”

When followers noted that proceeds from the sale of the camouflage-themed gear go to veterans charities, McCarthy questioned: “Seems like the sort of thing you’d mention on the product page?”

I am not a fan of the uniform changes. It’s amazing to me how both teams wearing the same color cap makes it difficult to tell which team is on the field. I find myself having to look closely at the uniforms. In a way, it’s impressive how we can compress team recognition into a bit of fabric on a player’s head. Change that, and I have to work harder to see what’s going on.

How about a nice patch on the uniform instead?



from baseballmusings.com http://ift.tt/2r9nLut

No comments:

Post a Comment